Many years ago, the founder of Ruwag, Mr. Wolfgang von Ey Jnr, experienced difficulties in obtaining high quality drill bits in South Africa. He found a huge opportunity to increase the quality of drill bits and hence started sourcing drill bits from across the world.
It was important for us to offer high quality drill bits at a competitive rate so we shifted our focus to offer the best Price / Quality ratio in the market. By comparing the quality of the drill bits to the price payable, Ruwag is unbeatable. We are proud to announce, that Ruwag is SGS - ISO 9001:2015 certified.
We know how important it is to understand the consumers’ needs, while still offering the best service to our resellers. Ruwag identified the need to educate consumers and launched Point of Sale Materials across stores early on. We focus on merchandising the stores of our resellers and offering excellent customer service. Ruwag does not sell directly to the public.
It is vital to ensure that you have the right tool for the right job. This is also applicable for drill bits. If you use the wrong drill bit for the incorrect application, you will not benefit from the drill bits full potential and it might fail. We thus have focused on educating consumers, including contractors, professionals, as well as DIYers, on which power tool accessory to use for which application. Ruwag aims to help consumers choose the right drill bit and to simplify this process to ensure an easy, fast, user-friendly experience.
Ruwag offers consumers a complete range of the highest quality drill bits, to take on any project with confidence. Ruwag... the professional’s choice!
Ruwag grew from a small company in Gauteng, to 150 employees across Southern Africa in 2018. Our impressive warehouse in Johannesburg is 6 500 sqm with an office space of 2 500 sqm. We have sales offices and representatives across the entire country, as well as in Namibia.
At Ruwag we believe in living your everyday life, professionally and personally, by adhering to our values. Our values include:
Awards and Achievements:
Ruwag has won a number of awards over the past few years. Here are a few of our latest achievements:
- DIY & Industrial Trade News - Gold Award 2019 - Hardware Company of the Year
- DIY & Industrial Trade News - Silver Award 2019 - Supplier of the Year
- DIY & Industrial Trade News - Silver Award 2019 - Hand Tool Company of the Year
- DIY & Industrial Trade News - Silver Award 2018 - Industrial Supplier of the Year
- DIY & Industrial Trade News - Silver Award 2018 - Fixings & Fasteners Supplier of the Year
- DIY & Industrial Trade News - Gold Award 2017 - Hand Tool Supplier of the Year
- DIY & Industrial Trade News - Gold Award 2017 - Power Tool Category Supplier of the Year
- DIY & Industrial Trade News - Bronze Award 2016 - DIY Company of the Year
- DIY & Industrial Trade News - Gold Award 2015 - Supplier of the Year
- DIY & Industrial Trade News - Gold Award 2015 - Hand Tool Company of the Year
- DIY Depot - Supplier Throughput Award 2017
- DIY Depot - Supplier Throughput Award 2016
- Essential Hardware - Silver Award 2018 - Trade Day Stand
- Essential Hardware - Silver Award 2017 - Supplier of the Year
- Essential Hardware - Team Player 2016
- Jack's Paint & Hardware - 2nd Award 2017 - Most Improved Sales
Corporate Social Responsibility:
Ruwag annually supports the DE Management Trust of Charitable Donations. We are also a proud supporter and sponsor of the SA 2 Dakar rally car.
We have received the following certificates for our sponsorship involvements:
- Certificate of Gratitude – DJ Rally 2018
- Essential Hardware – Certificate of Appreciation 2017 (Charity Participation)
- Rotary Certificate 2016